Monday, March 23, 2009

From 75 and Sun to 25 and Blizzard

I've been getting a lot of emails and calls wondering if I'm dead, NO, just really busy. Between my internship, PQ training and KP time...I've been booked. The weather in Rapid has the town in lock down giving me time to post. It's nice to have a day off after last weeks 18 hours of training...I'm tired. Look below to see some of the fun stuff I've been up to.

BEAR BUTTE

I've been lured to run up this lava plug since I first saw it in October. From the parking lot it's a 2 mile assent, up 1000ft. This photo is taken from the south side, the north side was ice and snow packed, but it was runnable. At a good pace it took 12 minutes to get to the top. This WILL be my hill repeat course.

FIRST FLAT

Bombing down St. Martins...they have sharp rocks here!


MAN CAVE


The garage is ready to roll. I've been "working from home" for Tim at ACME bikes. This is a big help since I can't make it to the shop during his business hours. Dudes...it's really nice having a MAN CAVE.

TEAM SD GOES CAVING

Caving is the craziest shit I've ever done. Now, without question, I'm the craziest guy Tostin knows. The only way in and out of this cave was to rapell and climb. We and our guide Dano spent 6 hours in Reeds Cave, a private cave that I'm told is one like the one we will be going into during PQ. Most of the time we were doing strange contorsion positions, & we rarely stood tall. There was one section that I had to completely exhale all the air in my lungs to squeeze through. I have the scars on my back to prove it.




1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE NOT CRAZY! YOU ARE TAME LIKE A LITTLE HOUSE CAT. MEOW! HISS! TMD

    ReplyDelete